6th Grade Language Arts
The Reading and Language Arts curriculum consists of the following components:
- Reading Workshop- Students explore novels, short stories and non-fiction pieces through independent reading, shared reading, books clubs and read alouds. Extensive use of reading notebooks both in the classroom and at home are required.
- Writing Workshop- Writing will include a variety of units including narratives, literary analysis essays, information writing and research based argumentative writing.
- Grammar and Vocabulary- Grammar skills and vocabulary are taught in alignment with the NJ Student Learning Standards.
Google Classroom will be used daily. Assignments, grades, discussion questions, homework will all be posted in Google Classroom.
-Independent Reading Book & Class Text
- Come to class prepared with all required materials.
- Follow directions.
- Turn in assignments on time and thoughtfully completed.
- Contribute to the class in a positive way.
Assignments will be graded using a point system
Final Writing assignment 100 points
-Quizzes, "Checks," In Class Work, Participation 5-50 points
Homework- (3 pts- 25 pts)