6th Grade Language Arts
The Reading and Language Arts curriculum consists of the following components:
- Reading Workshop- Students explore novels, short stories and non-fiction pieces through independent reading, shared reading, books clubs and read alouds. Extensive use of reading notebooks both in the classroom and at home are required.
- Writing Workshop- Writing will include a variety of units including narratives, literary analysis essays, information writing and research based argumentative writing.
- Grammar and Vocabulary- Grammar skills and vocabulary are taught in alignment with the NJ Student Learning Standards.
-Independent Reading Book & Class Text
- Come to class prepared with all required materials.
- Follow directions.
- Turn in assignments on time and thoughtfully completed.
- Contribute to the class in a positive way.
Assignments will be graded using a point system
-On Demand Writing Assessments, Final Drafts (Process Pieces), Tests, Projects (40pts- 100 pts)
-Notebook Unit Assessments, Quizzes, Reading Logs, Participation (5pts- 50 pts)
Homework- (3 pts- 25 pts)