7th Grade Language Arts
The Language Arts curriculum consists of the following components:
- Writing Workshop- Writing will include a variety of units including narratives, information writing, literary analysis essays, research based essays, and persuasive speeches.
- Grammar and Vocabulary- Grammar skills and vocabulary are taught in alignment with the NJ Student Learning Standards.
-Independent Reading Book & Class Text
Google Classroom will be used daily. Assignments, grades, discussion questions, homework will all be posted in Google Classroom.
- Come to class prepared with all required materials.
- Follow directions.
- Turn in assignments on time and thoughtfully completed.
- Contribute to the class in a positive way.
Assignments will be graded using a point system
-Final Writing Assignments- 100 points
-Quizzes, "Checks," Participation- 5-50 points
-Homework- 3- 25 points