Sea Girt Board of Education
- Maintain confidentiality of all matters.
- Everyone listens to others’ opinions -- be respectful.
- We let others finish before responding.
- We are open-minded to each other’s opinions.
- We will make sure everyone has had a chance to speak.
- Be honest. Speak your mind to the group.
- We operate by consensus. We may not all agree, but the Board operates as a whole. After debate and discussion, the consensus of the Board becomes “our” decision and is supported by the group.
- We will support our facilitator’s efforts to moderate discussions.
- We monitor/value meeting times. We start promptly at the scheduled time and do not cause unnecessary delays.
- Email communication to the entire Board shall only be sent from the Superintendent or Business Administrator and is for information purposes only. No “discussion” should ever occur via email. Do not hit “reply all” to full Board emails.
- At Board meetings, Board members and members of the public wait to be recognized by the President before speaking.
“Rules of the Road” - Administrative Protocol:
- General/Regular BOE Meeting Agendas and Back Up Documents are posted to the Board Google Drive folder during development and substantially complete by the Friday before the meeting. The Executive Committee will meet at least 24 hours before the meeting to review the agenda. These timelines can change within reason.
- Committee Agendas are posted to the Board Google Drive folder during development and substantially complete 48 hours before the Committee meetings. These timelines can change within reason.
- Committees will determine a standard date and time for meetings.
- Committee Chairs will construct their agenda with the Superintendent, but copy the BOE President on the agenda to ensure continuity and efficient operations of all the Committees.
- Committee Chairs will post their agenda to the Board Google Drive folder and notify the entire Board that it has been drafted two days before their scheduled meeting. Minutes for Committee meetings will be posted by Committee Chair within 48-72 hours. These timelines can change within reason.
- Questions concerning Committee issues should be first addressed to the superintendent and chair of that committee. Chairs will take to BOE President as necessary.