MATHEMATICSClassroom rules and policies
- Come in (quietly), sit down, take out your notebook, pencil and red pen and get ready to work.
- Be courteous and respectful to your teacher(s) and your classmates.
- Keep the classroom neat; please throw your garbage away (at the appropriate time)
- You need to ask permission to leave your seat.
- Come to class prepared. MATERIALS needed for this math class: your MATH textbook, a MATH notebook,
a MATH folder, a PENCIL and a RED pen. A scientific calculator is suggested, not required.
(CASIO fx-300MS is the type we use in class.)
- Discipline will be handled as it is outlined in the student handbook.
- Cheating on tests, quizzes or homework will result in a zero.
- When you are absent it is your responsibility to get the work. All missing work must be made up, this includes notes, "in-class" dittos and homework. The policy for makeup work is outlined in the student handbook.
- Your notebook will be graded!!!! Organization is a key component to being successful in this class.
(A notebook quiz will be announced.)
- You need a MATH notebook and a MATH folder for all the dittos, worksheets, quizzes, tests and your homework list.
- You must keep an updated HW LIST! (You must record the date for each homework, you must write down the assignment and record your grades throughout the marking period.)
- You must write in PENCIL, with corrections being made in RED pen.
- Each day your notes will be dated and a heading will be given.
- ALL examples and notes written on the board go in your notebook, unless you are told otherwise.
- DO NOT THROW ANY DITTOS OR NOTES AWAY!!!
- This class is graded on a point system.
- TO COMPUTE YOUR AVERAGE: divide the total number of points you earn by the total number of points possible. (I will explain this in more detail at a later time.)
- Your grade will be made up of tests, quizzes, class work and homework.
- TESTS will be approximately 100 points. Test will always be announced.
- QUIZZES will range from 5 to 50 points. Quizzes may or may not be announced.
- HOMEWORK will be given and checked daily.
- Homework and organization are a very important part of this class!!
- A completed homework assignment is usually worth 2 points. (Some assignments are worth more.) An incomplete assignment will earn 1 point and an unacceptable will earn you 0 points.
- A completed and acceptable homework assignment contains the following:
1. A heading: the HW number, page number, assigned problems and the date
2. You need to show the problem AND your work. A list of answers is unacceptable. (No excuses like … “I did it in my head.”)
3. If there is a diagram, draw it.
4. An attempt on EVERY problem must be made or the assignment is incomplete. You must at least copy the problem to show an attempt was made.
- If you do not have your homework, you will earn 0 points on your homework grade
- Substitute assignments are worth 4 points.
- Being unprepared for class will result in points being deducted from your preparation/expectation grade. (For example: no book, no HW, no pencil, no red pen.. etc...)
-Since homework answers are givn in class the next day, all homework MUST be corrected, in red pen. (This will be checked when I grade your notebooks.)