Ms. Lawlor Grade 8 HR
Social Studies - Grades 5-8
Expectations for Student Behavior
- PREPARE mentally and physically for the process of learning.
- Demonstrate INTEGRITY and RESPECT for all people and property.
- Accept RESPONSIBILITY for behavior and learning.
- Use TIME and RESOURCES responsibly.
- SHARE responsibilities when working with members of a group.
- Seek ASSISTANCE from me, school staff members, and peers.
- COMMUNICATE with your parents and me about any school-related issues.
- Always enter room QUIETLY and take assigned seat. Prepare all materials needed for class (laptop, books, notebooks, pens, pencil sharpening, etc.)
- Immediately check Google Classroom for "DO NOW" question or assignment without TALKING.
- RAISE YOUR HAND if you have a question or need help. STAY IN YOUR SEAT unless you are given permission to do otherwise.
- If you have a BATHROOM emergency, raise your hand using two fingers, so I can determine the difference between that and a question/comment.
- If you FINISH WORK EARLY, occupy yourself quietly. Revisit your work, review notes/flashcards, or read. DO NOT GO ON THE INTERNET!
- Do not PACK UP before the bell rings. I WILL DISMISS YOU, NOT THE BELL!
- Always keep our classroom CLEAN and NEAT! You are all responsible for the area around your desk as well as the ENTIRE CLASSROOM.
- DISCIPLINE and DEMERITS will be handled as outlined in your STUDENT HANDBOOK … READ IT!
- LAPTOP COMPUTERS are to be used for ASSIGNED WORK ONLY!
- CHEATING is unacceptable on any level! Cheating on tests, quizzes, or homework will result in a zero, but most importantly, a loss of my trust!
'INTEGRITY IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING."
- C.S. Lewis
SMILE … We are going to have a GREAT year!