Care of Student Laptops: DELL Latitude 7300
General Handling and Care of the Dell Latitude 7300 for Parents and Students to know:
1. The Dell Latitude 7300 belongs to the Sea Girt Board of Education. It is on loan to you to use as a tool for learning.
2. The Latitude 7300 that is assigned to you is intended solely for your use, including at home. Your password should not be shared with anyone.
3. Students should report broken parts, mechanical issues, warning messages, unusual behavior from the operating system or software on the Latitude 7300 to Mr. Guibord as soon as possible.
4. Use the Latitude 7300 on a flat stable surface because if it falls it may break. Do not use the laptop on your lap. The laptop should be on a flat smooth surface in order to maintain air flow around the bottom case. Placing the laptop on a pillow, bed, or sofa will cause the Latitude 7300 to overheat.
5. Be patient. Sometimes computers require time to do their job, especially upon booting
up. An update may be being applied which may take a few minutes.
6. When you take the Latitude 7300 home for assignments, be sure it is recharged for the next
7. For your own health, when using the computer, it should be kept at least 18 inches from your eyes and the screen should be at a lower level than your eyes.
8. Protect the computer from the weather.
9. Protect the computer from heat or cold.
10. Close the computer carefully – from the center of the screen – please do not slam it shut.
11. The Latitude 7300 is fun to use, but it is not a toy. Remember that it is a computer and must be handled with care.
12. Do not insert things into openings (ports) of the Latitude 7300 that they are not designed for.
13. Students shall make no attempt to remove screws, parts, or covers from the Latitude 7300.
14. Do not eat or drink near where you are using the computer.
15. You MAY NOT mark the computer in any way with markers, stickers, decals, etc.
16. Mishandling of your Latitude 7300 could result in repossession.
1. Wipe the surfaces lightly with a clean soft cloth.
2. Do not use water or other cleaning solutions on the Latitude 7300.
3. To keep the screen clean, do not touch it with dirty or greasy fingers.
1. When charging cable needs to be connected, be sure to line it up correctly when inserting and removing.
2. If the battery is not charging, do not wiggle the power cord. Try removing the cord and fully reinserting it.
3. Be careful not to jerk the Latitude 7300 around when cables are attached.
4. The laptop should be in a ventilated space while charging.