List of Local, Private Therapists
Disclosure: This list is intended to serve as a resource for outside therapeutic options. Sea Girt Elementary School is not affiliated with any of the following counselors/psychologists.
- Denise Wegeman, MSW, LCSW - Comprehensive Counseling Services - Brook 35 Plaza, 2150 Highway 35, Suite 250, Sea Girt, NJ 08750 - (732) 359-0240 - Specializes in individual, children, teens, and family counseling, anxiety, depression, teen suicide - uses Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Rose Lapiere - Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC, RPT-S, ACS - 2164 Highway 35, Building B, Suite 6, Sea Girt, New Jersey 08750 - (732) 372-0864
- Samaritan Center at the Jersey Shore - 36 South Street, Manasquan, NJ 08736- (732)-223-4673 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacqueline Stephanides, MA, LPC - 208 East Main Street, Manasquan, NJ 08736 - (732)-996-9442
- Adam Thomas, LPC - 2517 Highway 35, Manasquan, NJ 08736 - (201)-743-8052 - www.autonomecounselingcenter.com
- L. Scott Urmey, BS, MSW, LCSW, TEP - 1806 RT. 35, Suite 110, Oakhurst, NJ 07755 - (732)-820-4897 - www.psychodramanj.com
- Common Ground Grief Center, 67 Taylor Ave., Manasquan, NJ 08736 (732-606-7477) http://www.commongroundgriefcenter.org/
- Steven P. Greco, Ph.D, Clinical Neuropsychology,2100 Rt. 33, Suite 9-10, Neptune, NJ 07753 (732-988-3441) http://www.neuropsychrehabservices.com/
Monmouth Medical Center - 300 Second Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740, 732-222-5200 (Main), 732-222-3030 (Mobile Screening), 732-923-6999 (Crisis Hotline)
Jersey Shore Medical Center- 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753, 732-775-5500 (Main), 732-776-4203 (ER), 732-776-4555 (Crisis Hotline)
New Jersey Regional Crisis Hotlines Perform Care: 1-877-652-7624
2nd Floor Helpline: 1-(888) 222-2228, www.2ndfloor.org
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-TALK (8255);http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Suicide Prevention Resource Center - (SPRC) lists Ideas for Action to increase awareness.
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - (SPTS) developed Navigating Back to School, free online learning experience designed for elementary, middle, and high school faculty and staff, non-faculty and ancillary staff, parents.guardians,and students.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - (AFSP) has comprehensive section of resources devoted to mential health and COVID-19.
New Jersey Department of Education website - outlines resources for students, families and school staff, including free suicide prevention education toolkits.