Dear Sea Girt Elementary School Families,
Welcome back to the 2018-2019 school year! I am planning and anticipating a year filled with challenge, learning, and excitement. The following outline will supply you with information concerning the visual arts program.
Art Room Rules
1. Respect others, materials, and the classroom
2. Be prepared to work- work on assigned project
3. Clean up after yourself
4. Use materials as directed and demonstrated
5. Be creative, use your imagination.
Assignments & Grading
We will be working on exciting and creative projects including 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional and tech inspired artwork. Students will be graded using a rubric including criteria such as craftsmanship, participation and creativity. Following each project students will be responsible to complete a self-assessment rubric and answer questions related to the assignment.If you have concerns, questions, comments about anything, e-mail me at email@example.com.
Our classroom website will include many of the assignments, due dates, contest information, and a variety of other helpful information.
Contests, Activities and Exhibitions
We will be participating in several contests and activities throughout the year. Some of the activities include:
· Doodle for Google
· Sea Girt Chamber of Commerce Halloween Poster Contest
· NJ Fire Safety Poster Contest
· STEAM Challenge
· National Junior Art Honor Society
· Artsonia (website to view, purchase, share student artwork)
· Spring Art Show/ Youth Art Month
- Belmar Art Show-sponsored by the Belmar Arts Council