Care of Student iPads-
General Handling and Care of the Apple iPads for Parents and Students to know:
1. The Apple iPad belongs to the Sea Girt Board of Education. It is on loan to you to use as a tool for learning.
2. The iPad that is assigned to you is intended solely for your use, including at home. Your password should not be shared with anyone.
3. Students should report broken parts, mechanical issues, warning messages, unusual behavior from the operating system or software on the iPad to Mr. Guibord as soon as possible.
4. Use the iPad on a flat stable surface because if it falls it may break. Do not use the laptop in your lap. The laptop should be on a flat smooth surface in order to maintain air flow around the bottom case. Placing the laptop on a pillow, bed, or sofa will cause the iPad to overheat.
5. Be patient. Sometimes iPads require time to do their job, especially upon booting up. An update may be applied
which may take a few minutes.
6. When you take the iPad home for assignments, be sure it is charged before you leave school.
7. For your own health, when using the computer, it should be kept at least 18 inches from your eyes and the screen should be at a lower level than your eyes.
8. Protect the iPad from the weather.
9. Protect the iPad from heat or cold.
10. Close the iPad carefully please do not slam it shut.
11. The iPad is fun to use, but it is not a toy. Remember that it is a device that must be handled with care.
12. Do not insert things into openings (ports) of the iPad that they are not designed for.
13. Students shall make no attempt to remove screws, parts, or covers from the iPad.
14. Do not eat or drink near where you are using the iPad.
15. You MAY NOT mark the iPad in any way with markers, stickers, decals, etc.
16. Mishandling of your iPad could result in repossession.
1. Wipe the surfaces lightly with a clean soft cloth.
2. Do not use water or other cleaning solutions on the iPad.
3. To keep the screen clean, do not touch it with dirty or greasy fingers.