Sea Girt Elementary School
Students helped to develop our class rules:Show RESPECTShow respect to others by:-being kind and helpful-using "full body" listening-standing up for othersShow respect to our classroom by:-keeping our things clean/organized-using materials appropriatelyShow respect to ourselves by:-always doing our best work-listening and following directions-having confidence and pride-living a healthy life
· Marble Jar
· Behavior Chart Prizes· Homework Passes (Homework Island)
· Verbal warnings will be given using the behavior chart.
· If at the end of the day, behavior has not improved and student remains at the bottom of the behavior chart, students will be issued a recess detention. During this recess detention, students will be required to write a letter home explaining what had happened and how the behavior needs to be changed (to be signed by parent/guardian). I will also place a phone call home.
· If necessary, further actions will be taken in consideration of the behavior.
· Check and Sign each night. Bring to school each day.
· Each day we stop and take time to copy homework assignments down.
· To be returned by the following Monday.
· Folder will include graded work, quizzes, and tests.
· Return all items marked “Please sign and return to the teacher.”
· Check for “Upcoming Events” schedule each week.
· Its purpose is to reinforce class lessons and to develop good study habits.
· Help your child when they need it, but encourage them to try the work on their own first.
· Homework will be given a score of either 2 (complete), 1 (mostly complete), or 0 (incomplete). Homework is meant as a practice and will not be given a number grade. If your child is ever having trouble, do not stress them out over having every bit completed correctly. All that we can ask for is their best effort.
· Incomplete homework will be given a score of zero and students will be required to complete the assignment the following night.
· Students who complete homework regularly will be rewarded with homework passes.
· If a student misses a homework assignment, they will come home with a pink slip to be signed by a parent and returned the next day with the completed homework assignment.
· If you know in advance your child will be absent, you must contact me. No work will be prepared without a note, phone call, or e-mail.
· Work for unplanned absences will be prepared only if requested by 9 a.m. Work may be picked up in the office between 3:15 and 4:00 p.m. This absent work may no longer be sent home with another student.
· Work is expected to be made up within the number of days your child was absent (2 days absent = 2 days to make up).
· Although I will always be monitoring student progress, in fourth grade, it is the responsibility of the student to come to me for extra help.
· I am always available for extra help during lunch and recess time.
· If your child is struggling with homework, please encourage him/her to ask me for extra help.
· Grades will be determined by tests, quizzes, homework, participation, and projects/reports.Correct heading must be on all work (name, date, and number).