- Teachers will be available online to interact with parents and students from 9am-1pm, daily.
- Daily directions and/or assignments will be shared (via email for PK-2 and in Google Classroom for 3-8) by 9am each day.
Roles and Responsibilities for Students
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning, as guided by the lessons provided by your teachers.
- Check teachers’ websites/Google Classroom daily for updates in Grades 3-8, or have your parents help you. In PK-2, look for assignments that are emailed to your parents daily.
- Find a comfortable place at home where you can study and learn.
- Submit all assignments by the provided due dates.
- Communicate via email or Google Classroom with teachers any problems you are having with assignments and/or technology, or have your parents email the teacher.
Roles and Responsibilities for Parents
Support your child in their learning by:
- Encouraging students to complete all virtual/remote learning assignments.
- Designating a place where your child can work independently and with few distractions.
- Asking your child about his/her assignments to further engage them in the learning.
- Checking with your child to ensure assignments are completed by due dates.
- Reminding your child to communicate with their teacher via Goggle Classroom (Grades 3-8) if they have any questions or need support in their learning.
- Emailing teachers with any questions that younger students may have.
- If you are experiencing technology issues, please let us know.
Roles and Responsibilities for Teachers
- Engage with students in the online environment.
- Read and respond to all emails.
- Provide feedback to students, if using online environments
- Continue to develop lesson plans for weeks beyond school closure, in the event additional content is needed.
- Add new content to your website/Google Classroom that supplements the lessons students currently have.
- Communicate with parents and check that students are successful in completing the work you’ve assigned.
- Update your Google Classroom (3-8)/daily email(PK-2) each day with a message for your students.
These are uncharted waters for everyone. Please stay positive as we navigate through the challenges ahead. Do not hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns.