Welcome to Great Books 8
1. Come to class prepared and ready to learn.
-Readers Notebooks - (Google Docs/Slides)
-pen & highlighter
-current class text or novel
2. Read every day. You must have a book with you at all times. Be sure to read at home each night, too.
3. Participate and listen. We will discuss the readings each day and you are expected to be prepared and ready to share your thoughts and ideas.4. Check Google Classroom daily for updates, announcements, homework & important documents/slides. Every student should utilize their agenda to document information in addition to checking GC.
1. Grading is based on the point system. The number of points earned is divided by the number of possible points.
2. Tests and quizzes may have to be signed and returned.
3. Grades will posted on OnCourse as they become available.
*Writing Assignments/Readers Notebook -10-30 points
*Quizzes - 10-25 points
*Tests - 50-100 points
*Homework/Book Club preparation - 1-10 points
*Class/Book Club participation - 25 points
LATE/ INCOMPLETE WORK/MAKEUP WORK
Students will not receive full credit for assignments that are late. Points will be deducted from the overall grade. If a student is absent, please refer to the school policy as outlined in the student handbook. If a student is attending band, they are still responsible for the missed work/homework.
*Short stories, myths, non-fiction, NewsELA and novels
*Outside (choice) reading - minimum of 13 books across different genres
*Class Discussions*Application of Reading Strategies (SignPosts, Talking Back to the Text, Active Reading, Book Clubs)
*Writing/reading assignmentsHappy Reading!